Third Man Records prides itself on creating an environment where just about anything and everything can be done in-house. Its musicians make music, its sound engineers record, its graphic designers design, its web developers code, its office staff plans, its shipping department ships, its marketers market. We are a family that works hand in hand to ensure that every idea is brought to life, every record is spun, and every package that bears our logo is a product of Third Man blood, sweat, and tears.
FULL-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Nashville)
Seeking not-your-average graphic designer for a position within a collaborative department of creatives. Ideal candidates should have more ideas than hours in the day, above-average communication skills, be deadline-oriented and organized with subversive tendencies, a sensitive inspiration trigger, and ample experience and knowledge of production and pre-press processes.
3-5 years of relevant work experience required, Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts preferred.
This position requires the ability to efficiently and proficiently use the Adobe Creative Suite. Additionally, a good understanding of page layout, printing procedures, typography, color schemes, and a general artistic/creative background and demonstrable attention to detail are all very important for this position.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and a link to digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COORDINATOR - Full-time (Detroit, MI)
Seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented accounting professional to coordinate accounts receivable on behalf of Third Man enterprises. Ideal candidates should be efficient, resourceful, and motivated to use their left brain to complement our decidedly right-brained operations. Those with accounting degrees and/or experience, great intuition, and a love of music are encouraged to apply.
• Create and send invoices on behalf of 5 unique departments
• Import bulk sales reports from major distributors and third-party sales platforms
• Send monthly statements
• Manage outstanding payments and collections
• Manage delinquent accounts
• Deposit checks and manage deposit log
• Maintain updated billing information for sales accounts
• Review credit applications and determine limits and terms
• Provide regular, comprehensive reporting
• Experience with some or all of our invoicing platforms (including but not limited to Xero, Quickbooks, Converge, and PayPal)
• Experience with some or all of our e-commerce platforms (Magento, Salesforce, Shopify)
• Excellent computer and spreadsheet literacy
• Excellent report comprehension
• Enthusiasm for managing large amounts of data and proven ability to consolidate and streamline various data sources
• Ability to work independently and research/strategize solutions
• Highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and resourceful
• Above-average communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
• 2+ years of experience
VINYL PRESSING PLANT MANAGER - Full-time (Detroit, MI)
Seeking a confident, dynamic Plant Manager to direct and coordinate all operational activities of the vinyl record pressing operation in a fast-paced, high-demand manufacturing setting. The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of the plant’s performance and output, assess progress against standards set by the company and its third party customers, while maintaining existing high-quality audio and aesthetic standards
Ideal candidates will have a proven leadership track record preferably in a manufacturing setting, a resourceful, can-do approach to challenges, well-above-average organizational and communication skills, and a demonstrable love of music and the vinyl format.
• Manage daily operations in our plant facility to ensure targets for productivity are met
• Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility and its staff
• Test and monitor plant processes
• Meet with managers to review all jobs, inventories, and production schedules
• Prepare, analyze and issue production and performance reports
• Develop timelines and review information with production and shipping departments
• Comprehensive approach to cost control
• Oversee installations and monitor contractors and vendors
• Maintain preventive maintenance program
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Business Degree a plus
• 5+ years' plant operations experience, 2+ years leadership role experience
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants
• Ability to lead root cause analysis investigations
• Computer literacy
• Ability to explain training materials to our operating staff
• Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
If you wish to submit a resumé for us to have on file at either Third Man Records location, please include a cover letter and send to email@example.com. Let us know in the subject line at which office and in which department you are seeking a position.
Please note that we cannot guarantee we will be able to return all messages.